Physical therapy is one of the most effective, non-invasive treatments for knee pain and lower extremity conditions. Whether it is from a sports injury, tight muscles, altered joint mechanics or arthritis, we can help.
What to Expect:
- Questions regarding the history of your knee issue and your goals
- Thorough evaluation of strength and range of motion of your whole lower body, gait analysis, soft tissue length and mobility, special tests to diagnose problems with the patella, ligaments, meniscus and IT band, observation of the knee position during your common movement patterns
- Education on your diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan so you understand what is causing your issue and how you and your physical therapist will work together to meet your goals.
- Manual therapy to improve soft tissue and joint mobility and decrease pain so you can function and perform your home program with greater ease.
- Instruction in a personalized home program consisting of prescribed strengthening and/or stretching exercises as well as recommendations and guidance for activity or posture modifications.
Some of the Many Knee Conditions We Treat:
- Patella tracking issues
- Jumpers Knee
- IT band friction syndrome
- ACL tear
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Pes Anserine bursitis
- Meniscus tear
- Post OP knee replacement
- Post OP arthroscopic surgery
- Knee instability