Pregnancy and childbirth take an enormous toll on your body. As your baby grows, your posture changes which can lead to hip pain, low back pain and sciatica. Pain can also develop during the delivery process or following a c-section. Many women assume once they deliver the baby, the pain will go away however often it does not. Pain is not normal and can be treated effectively with physical therapy. With the help of physical therapy, you can retrain your pelvic floor/core, prevent leaking and prolapse, decrease pain, and improve sexual health.
What Your Treatment May Include:
- Physical therapy can address mobility impairments through soft tissue mobilization, stretching, and mobility exercises.
- Full evaluation of pelvic floor and core
- Therapy and exercises to retrain your pelvic floor/core, prevent leaking, decrease pain and improve sexual health
- Instruction in C-Section/Episiotomy scar release techniques
- Exercises to correct diastasis recti
- Educate you about your condition, treatment options and tips for staying healthy
- Instruction in pelvic/core exercise program
Some of the many pregnancy conditions we treat:
- Pregnancy related back pain
- SI joint instability
- Diastasis recti abdominus
- Pelvic floor treatments