Women’s Health encompasses more than just pregnancy and childbirth. Do you suffer from incontinence? Do you have pelvic pain, hip pain or struggle with sciatica?
Physical therapy can address these impairments, weaknesses and pain through education, lifestyle modifications, as well as soft tissue mobilization, stretching and exercises that are specific to the pelvic floor dysfunction.
Some of the conditions we treat:
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic floor weakness
- Pregnancy related hip & back pain
- SI joint instability
- Diastasis recti abdominus
- Hip and lower back pain
What can you expect at your women’s health physical therapy appointment?
- Full evaluation of pelvic floor and core
- Therapy and exercises to retrain your pelvic floor/core, prevent leaking, decrease pain and improve sexual health
- Instruction in C-Section/Episiotomy scar release techniques
- Exercises to correct Diastasis recti
- Instruction in pelvic/core exercise program
- Education about your condition, treatment options and tips for staying healthy
All of the physical therapists at Performance Therapies are qualified to treat conditions related to women’s health. Ashley Chizek is not only a Dr. of Physical Therapy, she has also attended additional specialized women’s health classes and seminars – and uses her past personal experiences to educate and treat patients. Linea Rochford, is one of our physical therapists and women’s health specialist at Performance. Linea’s special interest include Women’s Health – she has taken specialized courses for treating women’s health patients through Herman & Wallace. She has also received additional training and certifications in dry needling through Myopain Seminars (Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist).